Become an integral member of the Modern Homestead team in preparing and serving espresso, espresso beverages, drip coffee, chilled beverages, and baked goods. Provide quality customer service and demonstrate knowledge of tea and coffee. Serve all products with friendly, individualized attention towards each customer and educate with regards to the Modern Homestead brand of coffee and teas.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate exceptional customer experiences.
- Entice and influence customer purchases by utilizing expansive knowledge of café offerings, ingredients and coffee education.
- Consistently and proficiently produce all recipes to craft a variety of coffee, espresso and tea based beverages. Serve prepared foods and pastries. Follow all Company drink recipes and procedures.
- Ensure clean and sanitary work environment and guest areas by following established guideline, standards, and cleaning schedules.
- Check temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, and heating equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Coordinate with Purchasing Agent in ordering, receiving, and stocking café with retail products, paper products or beverage preparation items.
- Engage the public and drive sales via seasonable offerings.
- Represent the Modern Homestead brand as a knowledgeable ambassador of the company.
- Process customer payments.
- Special projects as assigned by management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Previous experience working within a café, coffee/tea shop, or similar service environment is required.
- Previous experience in operating espresso machines and brewing tea. Have experience in hand crafting beverages, texturing milk, and calibrating equipment for proper espresso extraction. Latte art skills are a plus
- Possess an active Preston County Food Handler’s License..
- Polite, professional, and sincere demeanor while working well in a team environment.
- Constant standing and walking. Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting, or carrying up to 40 lbs.
- Computer skills necessary, specifically with an OS Register and bar equipment usage
- Must be able to work OT on short notice; flexible with work schedule; able to work catering/special events.